Employers to provide insurance to foreign workers

Another healthcare policy will take place on January 2008. It is to require employers to purchase and maintain insurance for the medical expenses of foreign workers. The requirement will apply to:

  • All new and existing foreign workers on Work Permit or S Pass
  • All new foreign domestic workers, and existing foreign domestic workers when employers renew their Work Permits
The Manpower Ministry said the coverage must be at least S$5,000 a year for each worker's inpatient care and day surgery, while staying in Singapore. Visit MOM for details.

Author: Celpaby


Post a Comment